This recipe originated from my beautiful mother but I have definitely made it my own by fine tuning the ingredients.
- 500gm Beef Mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (or garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup diced grated cheese
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- Olive oil
1. Dice onion and fry in pan with olive oil until golden brown
2. Beat egg in bowl and add in mince, salt, pepper, herbs, onion salt, garlic salt, minced garlic, tomato sauce, bbq sauce
3. (I use grated cheese) and dice it up and add to mixture.
4. add in browned onion to mixture
5. Mixx ingredients – the mixture will be very sloppy – this is where you add the bread crumbs and keep adding them until the mixture has a consistency where you can roll it into balls and it’s not too sticky.
6. Roll into balls about 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup size and flatten a little.
7. Roll the rissole in the flour and then put in frying pan with more olive oil.
8. Cook in pan for about 10 minutes each side on medium heat.
9. Place rissoles on a plate with paper towel to soak up remaining oil
10. Serve and eat!
I hope you enjoy this recipe – really for the additional ingredients (herbs etc) just feel free to add whatever you have in your cupboard that you like the taste of! Each batch I make is quite different but I made these exact ones tonight and they were yum! I do still eat them with tomato sauce (Dean prefers BBQ sauce) They are a quick and easy meal to serve if you have a family as well – I grew up with mum making these for us quite a bit. Although I don’t think her’s had any of the spices or cheese. And to be completely honest – I never actually measure anything out! Just a few shakes of each thing so I estimated how much to put in 🙂