These have got to be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever baked – I think it’s pretty hard to mess them up! So if you are just starting out with baking – OR just love baking in general these are such a wonderful recipe.
I actually was given the recipe by my gorgeous Mother In Law, Anni, and I have been making it for about 7 years now. The original recipe was for Blueberry Muffins – which I have also made plenty of! However this recipe is definitely my favourites of the combinations!
They are super quick to make also if you are short on time. I usually get up 20 minutes earlier to make them bofore work as they taste best when they have been baked that day.
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- Preheat Oven to 200 Degrees Celcius
- Sift Flour and sugar into a bowl and mix together.
- Add egg, buttermilk and oil and mix together to create a mixture that still has texture (don’t mix it too much!)
- Add in Chocolate Chips and Raspberries and then mix (once again, don’t mix too much)
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin cases and spoon mixture in.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I and the people I have baked them for over the years.
Also feel free to change up the raspberries for blueberries and take out the chocolate chips if you aren’t keen on them.
You Can watch my video on how to make them here: